These are the beliefs that drive the mission and vision of Venture Church, they describe what we are. However, they fall short of describing who we are. The best way to get to know us is to come to one of our Gatherings on Sunday. So we hope you will read this statement, then come check us out!
What We Believe About Truth
- We believe that there are things that are absolutely True or False, both in the physical world and the spiritual.
- We believe that the whole Bible is the inspired , infallible and authoritative Word of God. Consequently, it is our rule of TRUTH. 2 Timothy 3:16, 17 | 2 Peter 1:20, 21 | Matthew 5:18 | John 16:12, 13
What We Believe About God
- We believe in one Triune God, eternally existing in three persons—Father, Son, and Holy Spirit. We believe that they are co-eternal in being and co-equal in power and glory. Even so, we recognize that each member of the Godhead has appropriate roles within the redemption of creation and humanity that involve submission and sacrifice. Deuteronomy 6:4 | Matthew 28:19 | 2 Corinthians 1:21-22 | 2 Corinthians 13:14
- We believe in God the Father who is Creator, Ruler and Sustainer of the universe. Genesis 1:1 | Nehemiah 9:6| Revelation 4:11
- We believe in Jesus Christ, who became human without ceasing to be God. We believe in His sinless life, in His miracles, and in His vicarious and atoning death for our sins. We believe in His bodily resurrection, in His return to the Father, in his advocacy as our Priest, and in His personal return in power and glory. We believe that He is the only way of salvation and reconciliation to God. John 1:1–2, 14 | Luke 1:35 | Romans 3-8 | 1 Peter 1-2 | Ephesians 1:7 | Acts 1:9, 10 | Hebrews 7-9 | 2 Timothy 4:1
- We believe in the Holy Spirit, who convicts the world of sin, of righteousness, and of judgment. We believe that He is the Agent of regeneration and sanctification, baptizing all believers into the body of Christ, indwelling and sealing them unto the day of redemption. John 16:8–11 | 2 Corinthians 3:6 | 1 Corinthians 12:12–14 | Romans 8:9 | Ephesians 5:18
What We Believe About People
- We believe that humans are the pinnacle of God’s creation; that they are made in the very “image of God;” and thus embody His attributes, morality and purposes. Genesis 1:26-27 | Psalm 8:3-8
- We believe that people are born broken; that is to say that each and every part of their being is damaged by Sin. But, we do not believe that they are totally broken! Because we are all made in the image of God, we all have the capacity for beauty, courage, selflessness, and creativity. Because we are all broken, we sadly also have the capacity for ugliness, cowardliness, selfishness, and to be spoilers of the creation. Genesis 1:26, 27 | Romans 3:22, 23 | Romans 5:12 | Ephesians 2:1–3, 12
- We believe that all people are in need of reconciliation to God. We are meant to be united to the Father, the Son and the Spirit – we exist to be in relationship with our Creator. Sadly, our inherent brokenness separates us from them and there is no way for us to repair the relationship. There is no spiritual path of enlightenment or self-realization that can reconcile us to God. That is why the Godhead chose Jesus to pay the penalty for the reconciliation of their creation. Ephesians 2:8–10 | John 1:12 | Ephesians 1:7 | 1 Peter 1:18–19
What We Believe About Life
- We believe that life is precious and has purpose. All of us have been created by a loving and intimately aware Father with specific gifts and abilities to serve the world and His Kingdom. Ultimately, the purpose of every life is that it is reconciled to God, transformed into the likeness of Jesus and lived with vitality, joy, beauty, faith, hope and love. Genesis 2:15 | Jeremiah 29:11 | Romans 8:28-30 | 1 Corinthians 12:7
- We believe that life is for community. It was not good for Adam to be alone and it has not been good for any other person since. We are made to be around other people. Heaven will be full of people in perfect community. The Church, as a reflection of that hope, is our gift, our proving grounds, our school, our comfort and our picture of things to come. That is why Church must be part of every Christian journey. Genesis 2:21-24 | Acts 14:27 | Acts 18:22 | Acts 20:17 | 2 Corinthians 11:2 | 1 Timothy 3:1–3 | Titus 1:5–11 | Revelation 21
Yet to all who did receive him, to those who believed in his name, he gave the right to become children of God.
This is my tribe and I am proud.
Everything is an experiment.
Playing it safe is risky.
Pray like it depends on God,
work like it depends on you.
Love people when they least expect it and least deserve it.
Everyone is invaluable and irreplaceable.
Every Sunday is the Super Bowl.
You cannot out-give God.
We are All-In & On Mission.
Irrelevance is irreverence
Go the extra mile.
Expect the unexpected.
The Church ought to be the most creative place on the planet.
Maturity does not equal conformity.
Ownership has its privileges.
LEARN THE LINGO
It can be confusing finding your way around any new group of people and one of the most common hurdles is not knowing what they are talking about. So we have included this simple guide to what we mean when we use these terms. We will keep updating the list to best reflect our meaning. We hope that just looking at a few definitions helps you understand us better and makes it easy to feel welcome here.